Swagbucks Referrals

Search & Win

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Peaches, Pears and Peas... Maybe its the letter P?

It makes me laugh when I discover that Charlie dislikes foods I myself have never enjoyed. He completely hates pears and peas, but actually tolerated peaches for a while before the mouth clamped shut. And when I say clamped, I mean CLAMPED. Nothing is passing through those lips. Even now, he'll take a bite or two and then won't open up again until something else is offered.

I guess this is part of a being a good mom? Feeding your kid things you hate so they can get exposure? He's allowed to like it or not, but at least he's TRIED it.

But lets be honest, peas were doomed from the beginning since Mom, Dad and Grandpa are REALLY anti-peas 8)

Next up on the food list.... turkey/chicken. We've tried a couple of times, but he wasn't very interested(I also think I kinda gave up too early). Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Lanna said...

Statistically, it takes 12 to 15 times trying a food before a child (or an adult for that matter) can make an informed decision about liking or disliking a food. That's one of the many things I learned from Porter's feeding therapy. Peaches have a strong flavor. It probably shocks his taste buds. Don't give up. To make it more palatable, try mixing it with rice cereal, oatmeal or as a dipping sauce for pancakes.

Free Traffic Counters
air travel discount