Swagbucks Referrals

Search & Win

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mac and Cheese

I cooked today. For the first time in about a week. Thanks to the 'rents being here, I've been living off of restaurant food and everyone's leftovers. Since I am having the last of the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, I figured I should make SOMETHING to feed myself tonight besides cereal.

Compliments of Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, I give you Mac and Cheese.

I always just use whatever cheese I have in the fridge, which today happened to be one slice of swiss cheese (hungry caterpillar anyone?), a handful of Italian blend and then cheddar for the rest. Also, I didn't realize that Ken had taken the breadcrumbs to Washington when he raided the pantry last weekend, so I stuck a couple of end pieces of bread in the oven for a few minutes and chopped them furiously with my trusty chef's knife. Ken noted later that I should have used by pampered chef chopping thing-ee, but I digress. A day late, a buck short, right? Anyways, my furious chopping got lazy after a while so the crumbs are... slightly on the large side.

Sooooo... voila! Enough Mac and Cheese to feed me for a week.


No comments:

Free Traffic Counters
air travel discount