Swagbucks Referrals

Search & Win

Friday, October 1, 2010

Walking

Yep, that's right. Sir Charles is a mean, green, walking machine ( As of Tuesday, 9/28). He's been cruising for months now, and we thought he was going to start walking on his own a couple of weeks ago. He became disinterested in trying, though, until the other day. He just started standing by himself again and next thing I know, he's toddling around.

I love it. It's so cute. And he's just as mobile as he was crawling, so it doesn't feel very different. Slower, actually because he takes his sweet time taking each step. I'm sure he'll get faster, very quickly though. But now that we have our play room back in order (with a freshly borrowed baby gate from Malia after Charlie discovered how to open pocket doors) he has a big open area to play in where he can't get into trouble.

Also, Charlie has been sleeping through the night the past couple of nights (hooray!). His sleep schedule got off after the last surgery (AGAIN), so he has been waking up and wanting to play for hours in the middle of the night. So... we went on a very strict nap/eating schedule for the past week and it seems to be working. He's never needed a strict schedule before, but if it works, I'll take it.

Unfortunately, Charlie has fully embraced one aspect of toddlerhood-- being a picky eater. If it was up to him, he would do nothing but drink milk and eat cheerios. I've been doing some research on how to sneak in nutritious things into his meals. Today he ate some black bean pancakes... hooray for protein! Some ladies at church have also suggested I try making fruit smoothies and sneaking in tofu and spinach. I'm headed to the store after Charlie wakes up from his afternoon nap (in 5 minutes) to buy some supplies. I hope he'll actually LIKE them. We'll see....

No comments:

Free Traffic Counters
air travel discount