Swagbucks Referrals

Search & Win

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Toys R Us coupon shop

Seriously, I can't believe I used to pay full price for this stuff. Or wouldn't buy it at all. Or, for that matter, start Christmas shopping in September.

Toys R Us was having a great sale this week... buy 2 toys, get 1 free for a LOT of different brands. Everything I bought was Playskool because they released some awesome coupons this week! (The coupons are still available, but the Toys R Us sale is now over.) I got some great ideas from the Hip2Save website.

Here's what I bought...

Transaction #1
2 Playskool Ball Poppers ($24.99 each)
1 Sit N Spin ($19.99, but Free as the 3rd Playskool toy)

Subtotal $49. 98
I used a $5 off $25 Toys R Us coupon
I used 2 $5 off Ball Popper coupons
I used 1 $5 Sit N Spin coupon ( you can still use this coupon, even though you aren't technically paying for the Sit N Spin--the manufacturer will still pay Toys R Us the $5)

Total $29.98 +tax ... That's about $9.99 per toy!

Transaction #2
1 Classic Mr. Potato Head ($7.99 in store)-- this is ages 2 and up, so I'll have to hold on to it for a while for Charlie... I don't want him choking on any of the pieces!
1 Glow Worm ($9.99)
1 Weebles 2 Pack ($5.99- was free as the 3rd toy)
1 Wheel Pals Mini 4 pack ($9.99)

Subtotal $27.97

I used (well... I had Ken do this transaction because this coupon is 1 per customer.... ) $5 off $25 Toys R Us coupon
I used a $2 off Mr. Potato Head Coupon
I used a $2 off Weebles coupon
I used a $2 off Glow Worm coupon
I used a $2 off Wheel Pals coupon

Total $14.97 plus tax

So, $45 dollars (plus tax) for $105 dollars (+tax) worth of merchandise. Why have I not been couponing my entire adult life?

P.S. This is not all for my own kid, I swear. I have plans for this stuff :)

No comments:

Free Traffic Counters
air travel discount