I've been putting off blogging because of the AMOUNT of things I need to blog about. Our anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, all sorts of things.
So, I'm just skipping them for now. I wanted to get a few things down about Charlie before I forget.
In no random order:
Charlie can say-
*Mama/Mom
*Dad
*Bye
*Hi
*baba (bottle)
*oh-up (cup)
*up
*apple
* I-l-oh-oo (I love you)
*Na-nigh (night night)
*ahh doh (all done)
*yeah (his answer to almost every question)
*no
*ahhh-pullll (apple)
*elbow (this one is actually really clear)
*Pop
*Meme (sometimes)
We're still working on Grandma and Grandpa. He says "Nana" but we're not sure if he's trying to say banana or Grandma.
*ball
*dog
*woof
*meow
*moo
*maa
*baa
*braloo (elephant)
*ooo oo ahh ahh
*roar/rawr
The kid LOVES nursery. I accompany him on Sundays because he's not quite old enough. I spend all of my time holding OTHER screaming children. We go to aerobics class at church on Mondays and Fridays. He runs in without so much as a "bye, mom!" He's learned how to climb up the slide and slide down all by himself. I can't wait until next month when he can stay in Nursery by himself and I can actually sit through Sunday school and Relief Society without interuption. I don't think I'll know what to do with myself. Heck, I might even get BORED, just because I can.
Eating- Charlie has finally made it past the 22 pound mark. Our little guy now weighs 24.4 pounds.. little chunker! He's finally catching up in weight to all stretching. He loves his smoothies that I make him, he's finally drinking watered down juice occasionally, he eats spaghetti, mac n cheese, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, bananas, cereal (rice krispies especially), yogurt, PBJ (only if it's open face and cut into very small squares), oranges (especially mandarin oranges in a cup--no sugar added, of course), bread, chicken/chicken nuggets,broccoli and he even ate clam chowder the other day. That's quite an extensive list, most of which are new foods in the last 2-3 months. Other things are hit and miss, like anything we have for dinner on a given night. I'm so glad he will drink the smoothies.... at least I can get some nutrition into him. Otherwise all he would eat is crap!
Charlie loves the dishwasher--more specifically emptying the dishwasher, regardless of whether the dishes are clean or dirty. Today he had a screaming fit when he wanted me to open the dishwasher and I didn't get there fast enough (the crankiness could also have something to do with his current UTI we just started antibiotics for...). He normally hands me each utensil to put in the drawer, but today I started teaching him how to put each one in the correct spot. Combine this with his love of sweeping (no joke), I forsee a fabulous future in chores for this boy :)
All I can say is, man, I love this kid! He really is getting to be fun.

1 comment:
In addition to a fantastic future in chores, I can see a happy wife. :D
So cute! Love the update, especially since the last time I saw him was eight months ago and he definitely was still hanging out in a car seat most of the time. ;)
Post a Comment